Apr 2, 2008

You know you should disown your boyfriend when...

....they leave a post in your last.fm shoutbox saying they are embarrassed to be listening to and enjoying Death Cab for Cutie. Alone, this is reason to disown your boy.

BUT,

If their top artists contain, amongst others; Bullet for My Valentine, Hawthorne Heights, Metallica, Disturbed and/or In Flames, then where the hell do they think that their opinion on DCFC even stands in the eyes of us educated indie kids!? It doesn't even exist.

Clearly they have no idea of what constitutes embarrassing music, and the joke is actually on them. Oh the irony.

Perhaps playing them Goodnight Goodnight by Hot Hot Heat would give them the idea. Speaking of... I'm looking forward to a great show from them tonight.

Love, Steph

PS. Single girls, to avoid such a dilemma, may I suggest you hunt down my colleague, James. Haha.

2 comments:

James said...

Surely it's the love that counts and not the music? :P. Although admittedly it would be awkward when deciding what to listen to together...

That said, I've had a pretty good run with girlfriends' music tastes (not that it's hard, the whole two of them), so I don't really know.

Um, thanks for the 'recommendation'? Hehehe.

Stephanie said...

it can't just be about the love though. sorry. :P
nah we do have some mutual favourite artists, mostly post-hardcore bands. i mean, we have 'Very High' compatibility on Last.fm and he listens to whatever indie CDs I put on at home quite happily... :P
I just got angry when he wrote that.