May 1, 2008

Last.fm Compatibilities


Last.fm compatibilities... how are accurate are they?

I ask this because I have just been moved up to 'Super' compatibility with my boyfriend, whose music taste I consider to be quite different to mine. I mean, he doesn't even listen to indie, apart from Death Cab (see earlier post). It's just because we have a few of the same bands quite high up in our charts, I'm fairly sure.

With James, who I would expect to have quite good compatibility with, I am a High, and a low-ish one at that. Hmm.

With my best friend Elise, I am Very High, which I find mildly surprising, I mean, we definitely have similar general music taste and like a few of the same bands a lot, but our actual charts look quite different... quite a few mutual artists but at very different ranks on each chart.

My other best friend I'm Low with. No surprises there (sorry Jez :P ) he's been listening to the Finn Brothers though lately, which is very very good in my books

And with le Ex I am Medium. Also no surprises there.

THE MORAL OF THIS STORY: Find friends and a boy/girlfriend who you have Super compatibility with... if only by Last.fm's calculations!!

1 comment:

James said...

Heh, it's interesting how Last.fm rates your musical compatibility... I'm obviously high with you (I'm pretty sure I've seen it different before!), High with night, High with Steve and Super with my ex. I guess all of those are pretty accurate, though... Hmm.