May 12, 2008

Fighting at AIH

So in all the gigs I've ever been to prior to last night, I've never personally witnessed a fight. This includes gigs such as Brand New and Arcade Fire, both of which seem more likely a place than an Architecture In Helsinki gig at The Metro, one of the most laid-back venues you can find. Yet last night, there were three, maybe four fights. Crazy stuff!

Admittedly only one of them was during the actual concert; the others were after it had finished, but still! The first seemed to be caused by somebody spilling their drink and somebody else getting pissed of by it, resulting in a hefty uppercut and a fair amount of blood, and the second was possibly the same people. The other(s) was/were aftermath.

Doesn't this seem a bit unusual? I mean, Architecture were putting on such a fun show, you'd think you would be hard-pressed to get angry about anything. The only difference between that and any other gig was that there was a combination of alcohol (usual) and underage show-goers (unusual, and quite weird). But the douchebag fighters were all at least 20, so it's hard to see that getting in the way.

Any ideas?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that is strange, James.

I went to a metalcore concert on Saturday night and witnessed little violence (outside the circle and mosh pits, obviously), so why at Architecture?

And also, why is violence more likely at Arcade Fire? I am confused :P

Stephanie said...

PS. YOU'RE ALIVE, OMG!!

Also, the band o horses gig has been confirmed to be in Syd, I think.

James said...

Maybe it was that the crowd was more of a dance scene, resulting in more pill popping, as such? I don't know. Arcade Fire is just heavier, so... I don't know! I needed more than one gig to list?

But yes, I am alive and well! And finally found something to post here :D.

Ooh, Band of Horses! I gather they're at the Metro here? Totally awesome!

Stephanie said...

You missed my epic Ballarat adventure!

And by epic I mean, quite uneventful.

And my missed I mean... were absent from the town at the time... but you always are anyway!